Family Business and Succession Planning
Scope of our know-how
- Advising on how to duly protect assets in Poland and abroad and to keep it for future generations.
- Assisting in inheritance and succession planning
- Coordinating or participating actively in projects for generation shifts
- Offering services in all aspects of the protection and restructuring of private estates and business assets, including the setup of private foundations and trusts, and holding companies in foreign jurisdictions
- Assisting over compliance with reporting obligations regarding assets in Poland and abroad, including those connected with the international exchange of tax and financial information (under the CRS and FATCA)
"Very professional and very organised" and "They are straight-talking and friendly; very easy to get on with, and no airs and graces". "Diligent and responsive". "I am very satisfied with their knowledge, creativity and service. They are great with tax structuring, and for everything related to tax law, I would for sure go with them. For us, they are the perfect partner".
"They have an established private client reputation, and they do a lot of domestic tax planning work” “The quality of a law firm is its people, and this firm has never let us down. They come up with new and creative solutions and implement them" “very long experience with private clients and offers a complete service for UHNW individuals"
“GWW is one of the best we’ve ever met,” - “The office and people I have worked with show a full professional service and knowledge of legal issues.” "The team has very good recognition of the market and offers unique services including cross-border tax and legal expertise,” “We try to co-operate as much as possible with GWW because of their quality and versatility.
GWW's team is noted for its 'forward-thinking' approach to private client work. As well as a strength in tax advice, the firm also handles inheritance disputes, succession planning, and restitution claims. 'An unquestionable expert' in family businesses and succession planning, Aldona Leszczyńska leads the group, which includes tax structuring expert and managing partner Artur Cmoch.
‘Ability to reach out to contacts abroad for guidance regarding international and cross-border tax and legal issues. Excellent knowledge of domestic issues.‘ ‘Very responsive and helpful, Tomasz Krzywanski handled a major reorganization program and it’s been successfully delivered.‘ ‘The firm as a whole is very professional, versatile and lawyers are looking for any possibility to support us.‘