The Legal 500 EMEA 2022 ranking has announced the results of its 2021 research.
The GWW team was distinguished in the Tax, Private Clients and Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT) categories.
TAX (Tier 3)
“Customer oriented, cautious, but to the point tax advice and clear communication.”
“Availability, collaboration and speed of action.”
“Małgorzata Militz and Piotr Świstak are very open-minded, they listen to our experience – every idea is potentially good for them and worth to think it through. Their experience is of very high value, as well. Very good communication with them.”
- Advised Polsat Group and Polkomtel on the tax aspects of an agreement between them and Cellnex Telecom to sell 99.99% of Polkomtel Infrastruktura.
- Advised Archicom’s founders on an agreement with Echo Investment to sell a majority stake (66.01%) of Archicom company.
- Advised Cyfrowy Polsat Group on the purchase of 10% of shares of eObuwie.pl by Cyfrowy Polsat.
“The team is client-focused, empathetic and very often ahead of the market with good communicators.”
“The team’s key strengths and capabilities are the following: A pragmatic and straightforward approach to efficiently provide suitable solutions, great international experience and a deep understanding of specific needs of the industry.”
“This team makes a great go-between with their clients and the foreign law firms working on personal taxation matters. They always ask the right questions, look for alternatives and communicate well the conclusions to their clients.”
- Advised the owner of a €100m fortune on designing a succession planning structure, with the use of a private family foundation in Liechtenstein.
- Advised the settlor of a structure worth €150m on crafting a complex list of wishes and instructions, regulating in detail distributions available to the next generations of his heirs.
- Advising on the relocation of a family from the US to Poland and related wealth planning which involves cooperation with US advisors.
TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA, TELECOMMUNICATIONS (Tier 3)
Practice heads: Wacław Knopkiewicz.
“Excellent knowledge of telecommunications law and regulation. Fast and reliable advice and assistance in local administrative procedures.”
“The GWW TMT Practice Team has unique experience in the market. Lawyers of GWW participate in the biggest telecommunication projects in Poland and share their knowledge with clients. In their work they use not only theoretical skills but also a highly practical approach, which is needed in business. They are reliable and flexible simultaneously, looking for solutions, not for problems.”
“Wacław Knopkiewizc has outstanding expertise in telecommunications law and regulation.”
- Advised a division of INEA into wholesale (infrastructure) and retail telecommunication companies.
- Advised a client on the terms of access to the optical fibre infrastructure, including the optical fibre infrastructure co-financed from EU funds.
- Advised the Office of Electronic Communications on the legal aspects of the investment agreement referred to art. 139a of the Telecommunication Law.
Full results of the Legal 500 EMEA 2022 ranking: https://www.legal500.com/c/poland/