In the current edition of the 2017 Chambers Europe ranking, the title of "recommended lawyer" was awarded to:
• Attorney Wacław Knopkiewicz, who has been consistently placed in the top three recommended TMT lawyers (He is a respected name on the Polish TMT market. He is particularly experienced in advising public sector clients on legislative changes related to the telecoms industry. He is actively involved in the initiatives proposing the legislative changes in this area of law.).
• Attorney Tomasz Burczyński, who was named an “Up and Coming” lawyer for Taxes (Tomasz Burczyński joins the ranking as a result of positive market feedback. He is a tax litigator with particular experience in the telecoms sector. A client reports that he is "able to creatively solve problems.").
GWW was also singled out as a "recommended firm" in four areas of law:
• TMT / consistently since 2007 (Sources highlight the team's strong expertise in the telecoms sector. "They have a clear strategy and are well prepared. They have excellent knowledge of telecoms," a client says, adding: "I find them very trustworthy and reliable.");
• Construction / consistently since 2011 ("The team demonstrates good judgement concerning the risks we encounter, as well as adaptability, flexibility and communication skills.");
• Energy & Natural Resources / consistently since 2012 ("Recognised Practitioner");
• Tax / consistently since 2015 (Sources single out the firm's litigation capacity, saying the lawyers have the "ability to develop and implement effective, long-term litigation strategy," and adding that the team was "able to think outside the box.").
The Chambers Europe listing is prepared by Chambers and Partners, an independent firm analysing the legal services market worldwide. Titles are granted on the basis of recommendations obtained directly from clients and other lawyers.