We make things happen! What started out 20 years ago as a small team of lawyers has grown to become one of the largest law firms in Poland. Today it provides its services to top companies in key business sectors.
GWW was founded by five lawyers in the mid-1990s, which in Central Europe was a time of intensive social and economic transition.
They started their practice with advising on IPOs and in the telecom and real estate sectors. At that time they could not have imagined that in 20 years they would become the leader in TMT (telecom, media and new technologies) legal consulting, with a tax practice ranked among the best tax consulting firms in the country. The two above areas of practice developed on the foundation laid by cooperation with the top Polish broadband, fixed-line, DTV and mobile providers, such UPC, Netia, pay-TV provider Cyfrowy Polsat (Polkomtel), Play or Orange Polska. It is worth noting that GWW is a free-standing company and not a part of a multinational corporation.
The GWW law firm is always ready to take on new challenges. It has acquired unique expertise in the energy and TSL sectors, transactions on the real estate market and facilitation of the investment process. Apart from a long list of clients and referrals, it can boast numerous awards and distinctions in both Polish and international rankings of law firms. The story of GWW proves that the most important success factors in corporate advisory are: the sense of responsibility stemming from strongly identifying with the client's best interest, the courage to think outside the box when analysing regulations and to offer a strategic vision for the client's business.
- Cyfrowy Polsat – Polish DTH platform, a member of Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group
- Polkomtel – one of the largest mobile communications operators in Poland, a member of Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group
- Orange Polska
- UPC Polska – one of the largest digital cable television and broadband Internet providers in Poland
- PKN Orlen – Orlen Group is the largest producer and distributor of petroleum products and petrochemical products in Poland
- Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) – gas market leader in Poland
- Polish Railways (PKP PLK) – PKP Group company responsible for managing the state-owned railway network in Poland
- Amica – leading maker of household appliances on the Polish market
- Boston Consulting Group
- mBank (BRE Welth Management)
- Polski Holding NieruchomoÊci – one of the largest groups in the commercial property sector in Poland in terms of the market value of its portfolio
- USP Zdrowie – innovative supplier of over-the-counter medicine
- Capital markets
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Investment and construction process
- IP rights & IT technologies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private client (HNWI)
- Real property
- Transfer pricing
- TSL (Transport, Shipping, Logistics)